New Lounger
    Thanks

Repairing Corrupted Profile

I've been having trouble with two programs (Adobe Dreamweaver CC and Microsoft Keyboard) not behaving properly. Today I spent a long time with an Adobe rep who had me create a new administrator account and test DW behavior there. It behaved properly. Their conclusion was that my user profile was corrupted.

Is there a relatively simple way to repair a corrupted profile? I do have images, but have no idea how far back the corruption occurred. I hate to go back to my fresh install and then have to reinstall so many programs, but I'm willing to do that if that's the best way.

I found suggestions elsewhere that had me create a new profile and move files to it, but I use a "live" account so my OneDrive and other things sync and suspect I might have problems using the same email idea following those suggestions.

Come to think of it I have syncing turned on for backgrounds etc. and I am syncing multiple Win8.1 machines (Laptop, HP Stream 7, several desktops). Could that be the source of my problem?

I'm running Win8.1 full updated on a desktop.

Thanks
    All the pertinent Windows and AppData settings are created when you create a new account. The only things that need to be moved from the corrupted account are your data files (documents, pictures, etc.). Once those are moved to the new account, the corrupt account can be deleted.

Have you tried accessing your sync settings from the new account?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks

Fixed with installing old image

After looking further and waiting a bit I decided to try an old image rather than what looked like a complex process. Fortunately the image was from before the difficulties developed so I'm back in business and didn't lose too many apps or updates - with a new image made immediately.

Thanks
    aengineer, what do you use for backups/restores? I use Acronis True Image.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm happy with Macrium Reflect. The free version works very nicely. I use the paid version for nightly automatic backups of system and data (on separate partitions)
    I've also recently taken to a second method on machines where I don't want to install Macrium and just want to have a fallback when trouble occurs. That's using recimg from the command line. It works very nicely.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a thought - but I would try to boot into "Safe Mode" and if the offending Icon appears there try to remove it. Like I said - - just a thought!