Thread: add ons

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

add ons

First of all my computer skills are terrible. Any ideas on this? I changed my home page to ( DuckDuckGo )you may have not heard of it. Most people haven't. Theres no tracking at all with this homepage. My previous home page was Google as you no thay track everything. I went to addons in tool. Theres no option to delete Google, there is option to disable. The other search engine is Bing, theres option to remove this. So I did that. Sometimes when I check addons Bing is there enabled and Google is enabled. I still use gmail. Any ideas? I would like to rid of Google and Bing search forever. Thanks Chuck

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Can it be assumed your browser is Internet Explorer?

I've used DuckDuckGo on occasion, results have been okay.

As long as you have gmail you probably will have to put up with Google Search. You should be able to move DDG to the top of the list and set as Default then ignore Google. Since Bing is part of Microsoft it may be hard to keep off especially when visiting MSN.com. There is a box to check when you have it set as desired to prevent programs from making changes in Tools, Manage Add-ons, Search Providers.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes my internet browser is IE10 I understand about Google search since I got gmail I just disable Google search as far as Bing I just remove it. Don't enable all the time just sometimes. I will check at times, no biggy. I was just wondering why it did that. Thank You
    Thanks to Berton it,s solved. Thanks Chuck