New Lounger

Combine multiple .xml files into one

Hey guys and girls!!

I'm a first time poster and a bit of an Excel amateur! I have a number of .xml files that I want to combine into one Excel document. I'm not too sure of the best way to go about this.

To throw a spanner in the works the individual .xml files don't all follow the same layout. As an example

Most are roughly in the following layout
    Name | Address 1 | Address 2 | Address 3 | Address 4 | Info |

but some are missing Address 4, others are roughly follow the following layout:
    Name | Address 1 | Address 2 | Address 3 | Info | Address 4

It would be great if someone could help as it would save me tonnes of time!!

Kind regards

Oxfordshire, UK
    Do you really mean xml files as the data you give us isn't xml? Are they | (vertical bar) separated values. In which case you can import them into Excel and specify separation by special character. As they aren't consistent a little bit of manipulation would be needed. You could use copy and paste, then data/text to columns (in Excel 2003). Subsequent copies would then drop in on the same way.

Pa, USA

It would greatly make this more possible if you could post some sample .XML files as a zip file. Do you want it outputted as an .xml file, combined into a spreadsheet showing the .XML structure, or combined in a spreadsheet in human readable form? From your post. my guess is that you want it to show as human readable data.