2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

tracking [private email?]

My computer skills aren't very good. Can you give advise on this. I switched my home from Google to DuckDuck Go. Google has way to much tracking so does Microsoft and Yahoo the government can get info from theses search engines plus theres much of your info is used. DDG keeps no info and doesn't track you. What I was wondering since DDG has no email. I got gmail. Can you recommend an email that is private and good? I just want to get rid of Google all together. Thanks Chuck

Thanks
    Can you recommend an email that is private and good?
    "Good" varies by opinion, as to private, there is no such thing as email being private or secure.

You are going to get some degree of tracking with most services. The trick will be limiting what you do with them.
    Unless you're doing something illegal I wouldn't worry too much about Google, MS, or Yahoo.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I do nothing illegal, but like privacy. Thanks Chuck

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Chuck,

In the modern world privacy is at best an illusion. With cameras (still & video) everywhere, credit reporting agencies, social media, etc. it's hopeless short of moving to a cave in North Dakota! Remember your cell phone and car computer are tracking your every move, as are your credit/debit card transactions. Do your best, as I try to do, to maintain some semblance of privacy (if only in your own mind) but always be aware that Big Brother, Big Business, and probably your family and friends are watching!

Anyway, Have a Happy & Prosperous New Year
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Most ISP's provide email as part of their service. Have you checked into that? It isn't private, by any means, but it is an alternative to those you mentioned. My primary email is through my ISP, and the email account I use here and several other internet places I frequent is through my own web site hosting company. I handle all my email through the Office suite's Outlook.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Malwarebytes plugins manager can delete most unwanted addons. Email, i use thunderbird and delete all off server

Chuckracer, Earlier, I typed the above on my Tab3. Now, I'm on my desktop. I mentioned MB PM because in another thread, now closed, there was mention of unwanted addons. I mention thunderbird above because I download the emails and delete them from the server. More control that way.
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2014-12-30 at 06:45.

Thanks
    You can encrypt your e-mail if you wish.

http://lifehacker.com/180878/how-to-encrypt-your-email

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If you want truly private mail set up your own mail server in a secure room in your house, with a self destruct mechanism in case the police turn up with a warrant.

cheers, Paul