3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Glance - new program installed without my permission

Reviewing my Firefox browser plug-ins, I found a name that I did not recognise - Glance, screen sharing service - npglance.dll. It seems to have installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Glance29.

I did not install any other programs on the date that this appeared in my Programs and Features manifest. I did consider some Google Chrome extensions, though I do not think that I installed any.

Looking for what others say about Glance, it appears to be installed at the same time as certain Google Chrome extensions (no details given), though why it should have installed itself as a Firefox plug-in escapes me.

I cannot see what it is going to do for me, and am inclined to remove it. Does any one in WSL have any experience of this program to share with me?

I am posting this in Security & Scams, because that is what it first appears to be, though I would be quite content if the moderators moved it elsewhere.
    Last edited by JohnFleming; 2014-12-30 at 03:59. Reason: Incomplete post

Thanks
    Toolbar Cleaner and/or Adwcleaner can help remove this unwanted addition from your browsers. Additional stuff addons happen to me also, so I run both utilities regularly. This is the first time I have heard of a screen sharing service, I'll be watching this thread for answers.
    Note: adwcleaner will force a restart, so, if/when you run it, have other stuff saved & closed.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have removed this mysterious program, but now know how it came to be installed.

It was part of an update to Family Tree Maker 2014 that I ran on the date in question. Now, when I start FTM, it says that "The screen sharing application is not installed. Would you like to install it now?"

I'll do without it, and ignore the error messages until I find some reason why I DO need it.