New Lounger
    Thanks

"...com is not responding due to a slow running script" with IE11, Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit.

Many sites that I visit are very slow to load, and, after a minute more or less, will display the subject message.
    For example:
    Sudoku.math.com is not responding due to a slow running script.

This seems to happen on sites that have a lot of advertisements - especially animated ones.
    And some are essentially useless e.g. cnet.com, huffingtonPost..com and the like.

Sites that offer little or no fancy advertisements are just fine.

The problem or equivalent doesn't appear with the Chrome browser, just IE11.

In searching the www, I find that this problem is not unusual, but I've yet to find any real explanation or cure. I've tried the suggestions proposed - which mainly relate to changing the IE11 settings to click / unclick the script related settings - no change.

Maybe this issue has already been discussed on this forum, but I've been unable to coax the search in this forum to produce any related results - I apologize if this is a known settled issue.

I have an older laptop, but it's snappy enough for database work and general programming, so while things might be better with a newer faster PC ...

I wonder:
    - how could I discover what the slow running script language is ?
    - how come IE11 and not other browsers ?
    - what to do, other than using a different browser - I do prefer IE11's features.

Thanks
    Try running with no add ons to see if one of them could be causing the problem:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/run-in...o-add-ons-mode

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    See if there's anything in this MS article that will help with the Scripting problems. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

To try and do something with the adverts, give Adblock Plus a try - although it will disable any dynamic info a web site has. https://adblockplus.org/releases/adb...lorer-released

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsomerv View Post
    ...I wonder:
    - how could I discover what the slow running script language is ?
    - how come IE11 and not other browsers ?
    - what to do, other than using a different browser - I do prefer IE11's features.
    As Jerry says in his #2 post, try IE with no add-ons.

Also look at Control Panel/Internet Options, under the "Programs" tab click "Manage add-ons". Add-ons from Micro$oft, Adobe, Java, and any others you know about, are OK, but add-ons you don't recognise such as "Conduit", "Mindspark", "Ask.com", are usually not wanted and likely to cause problems.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    If the time comes to remove unwanted add-ons, Wise Plugin Manager can remove most unwanted plugins, addons, extensions. Also adwcleaner can do likewise [if you use this, save & close other stuff, this program will force a reboot after it scans & reports].
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Jerry.
    I disabled all addons, with no change on my test page (sudoku.math.com).

I wonder if there is an addon that I should have for efficient scripting, which if missing cause pages to be rendered slowly ?

Dan.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it sufficient to disable addons ( I just tried disabling them all - there were only 5 from Microsoft and Adobe) - which had no effect ?
    thanks, Dan S.