2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to unsubscribe (not simply delete) from RSS feeds for good

I was surprised(?) to discover that I have been subscribed to several Microsoft and MSNBC RSS feeds - Which I don't even remember subscribing to. I'm using Windows Live Mail 2012 in conjunction with IE11 and Win 7.
    In WLM I have located & deleted the MSNBC folder, but the feeds keep coming to my inbox.
    Does anyone know how to put a stop to these feeds?
    Last edited by Robko; 2015-01-06 at 16:21. Reason: Provide extra information

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This doesn't seem right.

I use Thunderbird on my computer as aggregator. I "tell" Thunderbird what feeds to watch for, ie. I input a URL. This idea, that I select what RSS feeds to watch is what makes RSS for me.

An RSS feed is defined by a URL. It's an XML file. Your aggregator looks for the "new" feeds by checking a date in the XML file's schema. If the date is "old", the XML file is ignored, or not requested for display.

Where is the RSS feed displayed? I would not expect it to appear in my email messages. For me, viewing RSS feeds is isolated from my email.

Because I use Thunderbird as my aggregator, it's not integrated into my browser environments either.

Hope you can resolve this. Since I understand RSS as user-initiated, your spam-like behavior is curious. And, undesirable.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Try opening IE, click on the favorites icon (the star), click on feeds. you should be able to delete feeds there.

Joe