New Lounger
    Thanks

samsung mobile mtp device failed to load driver

Hi,
    I have recently bought Samsung galaxy S5 device. When I tried to connect it to my computer I nothing happend (what should have happen is that it will pop up the "What do you want to do? Go to folder/..." menu).
    So I tried another usb socket. still the same problem. I have Ubunto install as a sperate OS on my computer, and there everything is working fine - so the problem is not in the cable/USB on my computer.

I went to Device manager and under "Portable devices" I see the "SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device" icon with a yellow mark. I open it and I see "this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (code 31)". I also have "SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem" under modem in device manager (but it says that this device is working properly).
    I tried to remove the "SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device" and double click it and choose "update driver"->"search online". It found the driver but was unable to install it (got a "access deined" screen).

**This is not a problem of registry "UpperFilter"/"LowerFilter" problem. I saw it online while I was google a soultion and this is not my case***

I also tried to install the driver by installing "samsung KIES". It didn't help.

When I connect the decive and go to Windows Update -> a new update for samsung mobile is showing but when I choose it and click update it fails everytime.

I run antivirus and this is not a case.

I am pretty lost. I know that if I will format my computer and install Windos 7 it will solve the problem but I don't want to do this drastic step.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Have you run sfc /scannow?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try booting up into Safe Mode with Networking and download the drivers from http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

Sometimes AV programs can get in the way.

Thanks
    Have you gone to Samsungs support page to see if there is a USB fix in downloads? I know that the S4 has a USB download but I didn't need it since my S4 connected just fine on Win 7 Pro ( I didn't see what OS you are on ).
    HTH

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    Have you gone to Samsungs support page to see if there is a USB fix in downloads? I know that the S4 has a USB download but I didn't need it since my S4 connected just fine on Win 7 Pro ( I didn't see what OS you are on ).
    HTH
    KIES comes with the USB drivers which has already been tried - if that's what you meant ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    KIES comes with the USB drivers which has already been tried - if that's what you meant ?
    Not sure if the KIES will install the USB fix that is on Samsung support page. If I understand it correctly, it fixes recognition on windows but as I said I didn't check to see if the S5 has the same fix.
    Just thought it might be worth looking into by the OP.
    I have used KIES in the past but after a flaky update, I got rid of it.