Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Star Lounger
    Thanks

Google image search or Internet Explorer problem?

Hello,

I use Google advanced search in Internet Explorer 12. My system is Windows 7 64 bit.

Let's say I searched for left-handed hammers. I then select "images" from the Google search page. Let's say I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to finally find an image I want to look at, and then select it.

There is a brief flash on the screen and I am taken back to the top of the Google image page. I have to scroll back down to the bottom in order to view the enlarged image I selected.
    This scenario happens with any image anywhere on the page, whether I'm down 1/4 of the page 1/2 the page etc.

This only started happening within the last week.

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced a problem like this ?

Thanks

oct47guy

Thanks
    Happens to me with IE 11. Happens with compatibility view as well. I would guess its an IE problem. It doesn't happen using Chrome.

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    IE12 hasn't been released yet. But I get the same in IE11.

Bruce

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You could try going into Tools - Internet options and under the Advanced tab check the first box which is for Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan View Post
    Hello,

I use Google advanced search in Internet Explorer 12. My system is Windows 7 64 bit.

Let's say I searched for left-handed hammers. I then select "images" from the Google search page. Let's say I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to finally find an image I want to look at, and then select it.

There is a brief flash on the screen and I am taken back to the top of the Google image page. I have to scroll back down to the bottom in order to view the enlarged image I selected.
    This scenario happens with any image anywhere on the page, whether I'm down 1/4 of the page 1/2 the page etc.

This only started happening within the last week.

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced a problem like this ?

Thanks

oct47guy
    Just happened to me this evening. I thought maybe it was just some temporary quirk, like another I have experienced in the past where I hit the back page arrow and it jumps back 2 pages rather than just 1.

I'll have to see what happens tomorrow morning after I do an overnight shut down.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    You could try going into Tools - Internet options and under the Advanced tab check the first box which is for Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    This did not work for me. Images loaded slower so I turned it off.

I have noticed this issue only in the last week, as well.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When I have any problems with IE (use IE 10), I'll either reset it to defaults or run the Anvi Browser Repair Tool. http://www.anvisoft.com/browser-repair-tool.html

You can click on each applicable icon in the left pane to see what it resets before running the scan.

I have that box checked in IE as it can pre-empt buffering when streaming any HD downloads on the UK's TV iPlayers.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-01-09 at 16:50.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo 15

I tried you suggestion but it didn't work for me.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's starting to sound like an epidemic - wonder what has happened in the last week - what's it like when IE is booted up without add-ons ?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Sudo15,

I had the same results with all add-ons disabled.

However, (and I am probably wrong about this) I seem to remember that Java ran as an add-on and it does not appear in any of the add on categories now. Is it my memory? I checked and I have the current version of Java.

Thanks

raiderfan

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Sudo15,

I just found this thread on the internet http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...f-c96d4f696c0d at the Microsoft Community Internet Explorer forum. As I read that thread the problem is indeed a plague and it is caused by Google. Might be good to check out especially if others come to the forums here with the same problem.

raiderfan

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Well, it was good of Google to admit to it as being their problem but noticed they were suggesting using Chrome as an alternative until they fixed it

I use my ISP's home page of www.talktalk.co.uk so don't experience this jumping in IE 10.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Well, it was good of Google to admit to it as being their problem but noticed they were suggesting using Chrome as an alternative until they fixed it

I use my ISP's home page of www.talktalk.co.uk so don't experience this jumping in IE 10.

This is NOT a google problem. Using Google Image search on either Chrome or Firefox does not skip back to the top. It only happens on IE. And it just started a couple days ago.

Wonder if Microsoft will do anything to fix this.
    Last edited by jwitalka; 2015-01-12 at 13:46. Reason: Removed crude reference.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dworkenlaw1 View Post
    This is NOT a google problem. Using Google Image search on either Chrome or Firefox does not skip back to the top. It only happens on IE. And it just started a couple days ago.

Wonder if Microshit will do anything to fix this.
    If you read Raiderfan's link in Post #11 which has this sub link in which you have posted https://productforums.google.com/for...ch/J0jK88PrR7g (Best answer at top of page) you will see that Google are aware of the problem in IE.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dworkenlaw1 View Post

Wonder if Microsoft will do anything to fix this.

The issue for me has magically healed. I also recently had an update pushed to my PC. I'm guessing Microsoft found the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast