2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE11-can't fix script error annoyance

Win7 PC running IE11 developed script error that pops up when opening IE11 for the first time and sporadically on some web pages.

"An error has occurred in the script on this page"

"Error is: unable to get property analytics of undefined or null reference"

"file:///C:Program%20Files%20(x86)DoNotTrackPlus/rules.js"

Yes, there are 3 forward slashes in the last line.

This is a family members PC who says DoNotTrack is not installed and it isn't. I did a search on the PC for this file and traces of this program, but could not find anything. I tried disabling script debugging in IE but the things I checked wouldn't stay unchecked. I checked show hidden files and still couldn't find the offender. Is this a java script problem or a DoNotTrack files that was a leftover and not removed?

Will resetting IE11 to its default state help or is there some other step that should be taken to resolve the annoyance? Thanks.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachesP View Post
    Win7 PC running IE11 developed script error that pops up when opening IE11 for the first time and sporadically on some web pages.

"An error has occurred in the script on this page"

"Error is: unable to get property analytics of undefined or null reference"

"file:///C:Program%20Files%20(x86)DoNotTrackPlus/rules.js"

Yes, there are 3 forward slashes in the last line.

This is a family members PC who says DoNotTrack is not installed and it isn't. I did a search on the PC for this file and traces of this program, but could not find anything. I tried disabling script debugging in IE but the things I checked wouldn't stay unchecked. I checked show hidden files and still couldn't find the offender. Is this a java script problem or a DoNotTrack files that was a leftover and not removed?

Will resetting IE11 to its default state help or is there some other step that should be taken to resolve the annoyance? Thanks.
    We decided to do a rest to default settings of IE 11.

I am embarassed to say, I saw the reference to DoNotTrackMe In IE's setup. I don't use this browser, so I didn't have a clue that it was included. Anyhow, the reset did the trick.

D

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PeachesP For This Useful Post:

dsomerv (2015-02-19)