Thread: SMS Code in VB

New Lounger
    Thanks

SMS Code in VB

Hi guys

I hope someone can help. I've written a system to do bulk electronic communications for charities in South Africa. I'm trying to get the sending of bulk SMS's automated in VB6. Anyone have any ideas?

Much appreciated, Sean

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It would depend very much on what SMS service you have and how you interact with it. Do you have a web accessible SMS service, or is it a local app with an API?

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    It would depend very much on what SMS service you have and how you interact with it. Do you have a web accessible SMS service, or is it a local app with an API?

cheers, Paul
    Hi Paul, thanks for your response. I have a Telkom ADSL service, so would probably use Vodacom. I also have a MTN 3G Modem, so could use that - I'd need to check their SMS rates. I'm very green in this regard and would appreciate any suggestions. No, I don't have a web SMS service available. As I said, pretty green. Cheers, Sean

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul, thanks for your response. I have a Telkom ADSL service, so would probably use Vodacom. I also have a MTN 3G Modem, so could use that - I'd need to check their SMS rates. I'm very green in this regard and would appreciate any suggestions. No, I don't have a web SMS service available. As I said, pretty green. Cheers, Sean

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    There appears to be "MTN F@stlink User Interface" that will allow you to send SMS, but I can't find any information on the software.
    Personally I think it may be easier and possibly cheaper to use one of the internet based SMS gateways. A quick search will pop up plenty of options.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    There appears to be "MTN F@stlink User Interface" that will allow you to send SMS, but I can't find any information on the software.
    Personally I think it may be easier and possibly cheaper to use one of the internet based SMS gateways. A quick search will pop up plenty of options.

cheers, Paul
    Thanks Paul, I'll follow it up. Many thanks for your assistance - much appreciate. Cheers, Sean