Thanks

Unsubscribed email

I have been receiving unwanted emails from 2 websites, both of which I have sent in unsubscribe preferences. My use of one site (golfnow.com) has gone down over time and I unsubscribed from all of their emails over a month ago. Problem is I am still receiving emails. I have contacted a live human being twice, and was told that they were looking into it. What I learned was that they see me as unsubscribed and can't figure out why I would still be receiving the emails.
    The second site (AARP <member@email.aarp.org>) is ignoring my unsubscribe as well, although I have not physically contacted them yet.

If something doesn't change is there a website that I can turn to for help with this. I don't wish to add them to the Outlook.com Blocked List but suppose I could if necessary.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't wish to add them to the Outlook.com Blocked List but suppose I could if necessary.
    Why not? That is what the feature is for. You could Unblock them later if things change.

Thanks
    Well, for one, there are certain items that come through AARP that I do need and want to see, and those items I have left "subscribed". To completely block AARP would be more of a hindrance than it would be helpful. Believe it or not, but Outlook.com does a da#$ good job of blocking. Sometimes almost too good.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Also, many many entities buy/sell/borrow lists one from & to another. Your name and email address can be added again and again and again [cue FDR].
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I mark that sort of mail as junk and regularly check my junk mail.

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A large multinational publisher of magazines in the UK has systematically ignored my repeated requests to unsubscribe, and continues to send a monthly eMail.

I have written to them to say that, if they continue, I shall invoice them GBP 25.00 for each mail received, and enforce payment through the Small Claims Court. Should I be granted a judgment by the Court, and this be ignored, I shall instruct bailiffs to seize goods from their premises to the value of the judgment.

I shall be happy to report progress and success through this column!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFleming For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2015-01-20)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Excellent!

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnFleming View Post
    A large multinational publisher of magazines in the UK has systematically ignored my repeated requests to unsubscribe, and continues to send a monthly eMail.

I have written to them to say that, if they continue, I shall invoice them GBP 25.00 for each mail received, and enforce payment through the Small Claims Court. Should I be granted a judgment by the Court, and this be ignored, I shall instruct bailiffs to seize goods from their premises to the value of the judgment.

I shall be happy to report progress and success through this column!
    Good on yer mate! Give them heaps.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The said multinational publisher of magazines had the grace to admit - with commendable candour - that their "unsubscribe" procedures seemed all to have failed, simultaneously. The "unsubscribe" button was not working, my eMails to their Privacy Policy administrators were all finishing up in a black hole.

My threat to invoice them may have got their attention. We shall see!

Thanks
    I started forwarding all of the emails from golfnow.com, right to their customer service depth. customerservice@golfnow.com Boy did that work....LOL mail free in less than24 hours
    Still working on AARP though theirs has slowed somewhat too
    Thanks John