New Lounger welloverthehillPhil's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Dinosaur browser

It would appear that Mic..... have little or no interest in fixing problems with IE 11 I run Windows 8.1 and IE11. every single time I open the browser I get the msg about having to close....it doesn't close but it is a pain in the posterior. I have tried so called fixes to no avail. I will soon close the program permanently and use another browser,as it really is a nuisance. I am certain I am not alone with this problem.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Can you tell us what the message is? Maybe post a screen shot?
    What fixes have you tried?
    Have you tried opening a Command Prompt as administrator and typing "sfc /scannow"?

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    IE is integrated into the OS.
    Have you attempted a repair: sfc /scannow?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    If IE11 displays the "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close" message, the culprit is usually an out of date or corrupt add on or the site being visited. Try starting IE with the add ons turned off.

Thanks
    Hi Folks, Thank you for the response. here is a desktop picCaptureWiz005 pic 004.bmp To answer your questions I have tried sfc /Scannow no corrupt files, my browser is auto updated The problem occurs on ANY site I visit. Hey calimanco I am from Oxford originally.(Osney)

Thought for the day: If clairvoyants were genuine you wouldn't have to make an appointment, they would know you were coming, wouldn't they.??

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you turned off any add-ins?

Tap or click the Tools button, then tap or click Manage add-ons.
    Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, then select the add-on you want to turn off.
    Tap or click Disable, then tap or click Close.
    cheers, Paul

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

welloverthehillPhil (2015-01-11)

Thanks
    Hi Paul yeah I did to no avail, its so weird I think its not worth the effort as there does not seem to be a ready fix. I was just wondering if there was something I had missed along the way. also with IE it says it will try and find a solution....It never has in any case I have had...Its a BS msg.
    Last edited by welloverthehillPhil; 2015-01-11 at 22:02. Reason: omitted a sentance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by welloverthehillPhil View Post
    Hi Paul yeah I did to no avail, its so weird I think its not worth the effort as there does not seem to be a ready fix. I was just wondering if there was something I had missed along the way. also with IE it says it will try and find a solution....It never has in any case I have had...Its a BS msg.
    I have seen similar IE misbehaviours on many customers' computers during the past few months since the "POODLE" scare. Turning off SSL3.0 seems to help (Control Panel\Internet Options\Advanced. Scroll down to the "Security" section, untick "SSL3.0" [and "SSL2.0" if ticked]).
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.