New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Category, company, and location are grayed in View (MS Outlook 2010)

Hi,
    I would like to show a specific category on my contacts list. When I hit "View" I can see three options, Category, company and location (term may not be exact since my MS Outlook is a Hebrew version), but all three are grayed.
    How do I make these option available for use?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Can it be assumed you are working with your Contacts? Usually when View can't access something that is grayed/dimmed it means there's nothing in there to view. Probably would have to add the data when Adding or Editing a Contact.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Can it be assumed you are working with your Contacts? Usually when View can't access something that is grayed/dimmed it means there's nothing in there to view. Probably would have to add the data when Adding or Editing a Contact.
    That's not the case. Quite a few of my contacts carry organization and position information.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    All I can add is that the additional information came from somewhere, either was typed in or came in when the Contact was added, mine usually is from incoming/received messages. Maybe from a vCard? I don't use them.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    All I can add is that the additional information came from somewhere, either was typed in or came in when the Contact was added, mine usually is from incoming/received messages. Maybe from a vCard? I don't use them.
    Since outlooks acts identically with each and every contact' the source of the problem isn't rooted in a specific contact.
    One way ro another' thanks for your efforts.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Try changing the view to "List" or "Phone".

Joe