Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Chrome Windows Placement Issue

    Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 m

    Since installation several months ago Chrome has behaved strangely. I am unable to drag the window from anywhere except the top or right side of the window for several minutes after opening.

    Recently I have been unable to drag the window to a specific location on my dual screen system; the window jumps elsewhere and frequently disappears from view.

    Any ideas?


    --------
    Dick

  2. #2
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    i have had even worse results with chrome

    i suspect buggy software perhaps made worse with their spyware attempts being countered by your security software
    but mostly buggy software

    one time all i could get was chrome help pages
    as fast as i killed them they reloaded themselves
    when i tried to open previous tabs they switched to loading the help page instead

    i had to reboot to get rid of that nonsense

    Quote Originally Posted by dick_blaine View Post
    Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 m

    Since installation several months ago Chrome has behaved strangely. I am unable to drag the window from anywhere except the top or right side of the window for several minutes after opening.

    Recently I have been unable to drag the window to a specific location on my dual screen system; the window jumps elsewhere and frequently disappears from view.

    Any ideas?


    --------
    Dick

  3. #3
    WS Lounge VIP access-mdb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,725
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 156 Times in 149 Posts
    I have the same version of Chrome, albeit on 8.1, which works fine. Try uninstalling and then reinstall. There is a newer version available, which may well fix your problem.

  4. #4
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Solved Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I have the same version of Chrome, albeit on 8.1, which works fine. Try uninstalling and then reinstall. There is a newer version available, which may well fix your problem.
    Thanks for comments. Newer version did not help but I did stumble on and resolve the problem.

    For may years I have the DPI setting set high because of my eyesight problem; I increased the DPI setting from 96 to 144. Just recently this caused the problem with Chrome, RoboForm and Pandora. I discovered that by turning off "DPI display scaling" for the above programs in the program compatibility dialog that the problem was resolved. Strange that DPI scaling would cause my problem.! Also strange that the problem started recently!

  5. #5
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    best that i can tell i have ver 39.


    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I have the same version of Chrome, albeit on 8.1, which works fine. Try uninstalling and then reinstall. There is a newer version available, which may well fix your problem.

  6. #6
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    and resetting default to larger or different fonts causes problems too




    Quote Originally Posted by dick_blaine View Post
    Thanks for comments. Newer version did not help but I did stumble on and resolve the problem.

    For may years I have the DPI setting set high because of my eyesight problem; I increased the DPI setting from 96 to 144. Just recently this caused the problem with Chrome, RoboForm and Pandora. I discovered that by turning off "DPI display scaling" for the above programs in the program compatibility dialog that the problem was resolved. Strange that DPI scaling would cause my problem.! Also strange that the problem started recently!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •