Thread: notepad++

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb notepad++

hi i am new here , hi all , i could use some advice regarding notepad++, my acer laptop is running win7 , avira a/v, i have saved in notepad++ 2220k email addresses, i want to split them up into lots of 2000 only.
    i have tried highlighting 1 to 2000 , clicking edit begin / end select, but i always get the 220k , i cannot split them up.

any advice would be appreciated, donar

Thanks
    Do you really mean over 2 million email addresses? Or do you mean 220,000 email addresses?

Not seen that selection method before - so I tried it. Moved the cursor to where I wanted the selection to start, clicked edit begin/end select, then moved the cursor to the line where I wanted to end the selection (line 1000 for my example), clicked begin/end select again and it highlighted that selection as I would expect. So is that what you're doing?

However, to do what you appear to be wanting to do, I would use Excel or Access (though I would have to know how your data is formatted).

New Lounger
    Thanks

notepad++

Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    Do you really mean over 2 million email addresses? Or do you mean 220,000 email addresses?

Not seen that selection method before - so I tried it. Moved the cursor to where I wanted the selection to start, clicked edit begin/end select, then moved the cursor to the line where I wanted to end the selection (line 1000 for my example), clicked begin/end select again and it highlighted that selection as I would expect. So is that what you're doing?

However, to do what you appear to be wanting to do, I would use Excel or Access (though I would have to know how your data is formatted).

hi i realised my mistake after i sent the message but i did not know how to alter it , i had one nought too many , it is 220k, yes exactly what i am doing , i have a guy in Romania` i do a few things with and it works ok for him also , i do not understand why it will not work for me , alas i do not have excel or access , never had a use for either , maybe i better instal libreoffice or openoffice ?? thanks for your time , regards donar