Thread: speedy PC.exe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

speedy PC.exe

I cant find any info on this. On my computer is a program called ( speedy PC.exe ) can all files of this, be deleted? I just don't no. Can I delete it safely? It does sound shady to me. Thanks, Chuck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
    I cant find any info on this. On my computer is a program called ( speedy PC.exe ) can all files of this, be deleted? I just don't no. Can I delete it safely? It does sound shady to me. Thanks, Chuck
    "Delete" wrong term. Uninstall it from Control Panel/Programs and Features (yes it is a baddie).
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Windows Uninstall tends to leave residue so follow these steps http://www.malwareremovalguides.info...install-guide/

New Lounger welloverthehillPhil's Avatar
    Thanks
    What I do if after these steps I still have residue as it were I open Regedit by pressing windows icon +r then put regedit and enter, Click on Edit then find, then put what you are trying to find ie speedy pc.exe and press enter, any residue right click and then delete then press F3 to go to the next occurance of the program and so on. I would not suggests this method for novices.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank You All. Iam running my Malwarebytes . I will let you no what it comes up with. I only go in regedit to see if any files are on computer. Weather this tells you, iam not sure. I wont get in regedit other than that.
    Long ago I was told to go to regedit under (edit ) scroll down under ( find ) type program name and click enter. I checked this to see if speedyPC is on there. It must not be. Is this the correct way to see? I got Malwarebytes, Super Anti Spyware and Herd Protector, I do the updates and run them separate of course. Each day along with antivirus. Malwarebytes scan says, scan completed successfully, no malicious items found. Thanks Chuck

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did you also run AdwCleaner http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ to check for any residue - also lower down on this web site is a link for JunkWare Removal Tool which can be run as a belt & braces.

That takes a little bit longer to run than ADW but will produce its report on completion.