2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Vista file sharing

I am running Vista Home Premium (all updates installed). I am trying to share a file between two users on the same machine. I have shared the folder and made everyone owners. I can navigate to the folders and see the files. I click on the file and the appropriate program opens (ie; Excel) but then an error message pops up stating that the file cannot be found.

Thanks
    You should only need to place the file in the "Public" documents folder to make it available to other users, i.e.: C:\Users\Public\Documents
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't want to use the public folder. This folder is part of a cloud backup and I only want to share this folder.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As a temporary measure I put files in the Public Folder. I still cannot open the files - I can navigate to file location, see the files, but when I click on the files (and it opens in the correct program - in this case Excel)I get the following error:

Windows cannot find
    'c:\Users\Public\Documents\Tech\Forms\file.xls.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I am using Office 2007