Lounger
    Thanks

Recycle bin linked(?) to DVD burn folder.

Recently I started getting the "You have files waiting to be burned" message. The first few times I saw it was when I attached my Android phone for charging, etc. However, in the past few days, it has become a constant popup. According to Windows Explorer, the Recycle bin now appears under the DVD drive and is apparently the holding directory for files waiting to be burned. (?) See capture. Every time I delete something it appears here, as well as the desktop Recycle bin icon. Turning off the Recycle bin for all drives still leaves a recycle bin, though no new files are added.

I am tempted to disconnect the internal DVD drive for a couple of reboots and let Windows sort it out, but that is not always something to trust. WIN7 Pro 32-bit.

DVD Recycle Bin.jpg

Thanks
    Look in C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Wi ndows\Burn

At present, mine only has desktop.ini, which reads:

[.ShellClassInfo]
    LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21815

Have you tried deleting the Recycle bin from the Burn folder?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Last edited by BruceR; 2015-01-17 at 13:27.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Bruce,

I can delete everything except the Recycle bin, which Windows recognizes as a protected file.

Treg

Lounger
    Thanks
    The directory path ends with "CD Burning" rather than \Burn." The "....\CD Burning" directory does not show the Recycle bin. (I have explorer set to show hidden and system files.) Only the stuff which you would normally expect to find there. In this case, just the desktop.ini file which reads the same as yours.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to all who had suggestions. Fortunately I am OCD about backups, so I "solved" the problem by restoring from a few days ago. No idea how this happened, and I shall be watching carefully in the future whenever I make changes.

Treg