Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What is going on

I was reading whilst doing other things on my new computer and suddenly WS looks like the attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    I am strongly suspecting a Firefox issue at this point.

oooh boy
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Oh BIG mistake I clicked on 'check' for updates, no its not check its do it now even if you exit. I am really dismayed. The Mozilla home page now has no options for any thing. I will look for an older version but I am not opimistic at this point..
    David

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I have Firefox 35 and all is well - The Lounge looks like it always does.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    You may have an add-on that's been broken by the latest update of Firefox. Check the Release Notes etc. carefully, Mozilla may have indicated which ones would be affected.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I get that occasionally when the page has trouble loading, usually at times when my connection is flaky. When the connection is restored, pages load fully to the normal display again for me.

Thanks

The issue started before I updated FF. It is gone now but an unwanted version of FF is not. I have found the location of older versions and may go back to 10.0.2 or maybe a bit newer version. I will give 35 a couple of hours more. I have recovered my HistoryButton Right now what bothers me is th missing bar at the botom of the page wherein NoScript info used to reside. If I can recover that I might reside with 35.. Nope I spoke too soon the FF search box seems to have changed; no options for search sites, also Right mouse button context menu only has Yahoo, not Wikipedia which I use hourly....
    Got head to work now..
    Got Wikipedia back but I do not have a drop down menu to choose a search engine, this can't be right..

Last edited by wavy; 2015-01-18 at 13:13.
    David

Thanks
    If you type something in the search window you get a dropdown list of suggestions and at the bottom you can select another search engine including Wikipedia. Settings allow you to add or remove search engines and also the default. Is this what you're looking for? Attachment illustrates

search.png
    Last edited by access-mdb; 2015-01-18 at 13:51.

Thanks
    The forum is starting to look like an ad factory. I thought that was something we weren't going to do?
    Untitled.jpg
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Clint,

I don't get the hyperlinks you show in your picture...

Thanks
    If you type something in the search window you get a dropdown list of suggestions and at the bottom you can select another search engine including Wikipedia. Settings allow you to add or remove search engines and also the default. Is this what you're looking for? Attachment illustrates
    I am currently on a different computer. Running Mint17 and FF 34
    I do get the drop down box if I left click the magnifying glass.

I do NOT have the option to give myself a history of bookmark button under customize. Maybe this comes back w/ FF 35??

David

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    David,

I'm also using 35 w/o problem. I have the NoScript bar at the bottom and all my Icons.
    wavy.JPG
    FYI: Remember that F10 brings up the old style menu bar if you need it.

I highly recommend MozBackup as it's saved my bacon (and FF settings) after several FF upgrades restoring all my settings to the new version.
    HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks

RG
    I do have that bar (on 34) but that is not what I was talking about. On FF 10 and I think up to the 20s there was an option for another bar. If I am remembering correctly ( and its only been a day ) it shared the space with the url display.
    I could add more than one site at a time to NoScripts no block list. And I can do that from the button I put on the toolbar but my poor mouse must walk all the way up to the top of the screen..........
    David

Thanks
    I am currently on a different computer. Running Mint17 and FF 34
    I do get the drop down box if I left click the magnifying glass.

I do NOT have the option to give myself a history of bookmark button under customize. Maybe this comes back w/ FF 35??

Well on xp w/ FF 35 I do NOT get thesearch choices w/ a left click on glass, just a change settings option.

David

Thanks
    David, you need to have text in the search box to get the choices. With no text you indeed only get the settings option. Perhaps using the text 'search' in my example was confusing - sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast