New Lounger
    Thanks

OneDrive folders disappear

Hi

I have used Onedrive for a while and in just the last little while a set of folders have disappeared from File Explorer. I am using 8.1. I have a folder "A&S Shared" which has a number of folders under it, together with some files. All the folders are shared with my wife.

I used to be able to see all my Onedrive folders in file explorer and I have "A&S Shared" set to "make available offline" That works really well, I don't have to worry about backing up that folder, I can update files as I like and I can see it on my Nexus 5 in the Onedrive app.

Now, all I can see in File Explorer are the files under "A&S Shared", not the folders.

I cant see them in the Onedrive app over on the metro side under ,"A&S Shared" they are only available to be seen under "Shared" link in the left panel. "shared" is not available under FileExplorer.

Am I missing something really basic here?

Also, I have an Office 365 subscription but I cant see how to get my unlimited storage, I still have 1TB. Does anyone have it yet?

Alec

Thanks
    As for your first question; I'm not quit sure about that....some sort of malware maybe or an update. Save what's left of that folder to the desktop, then delete it from onedrive, Then re-create the A&S folder in onedrive and move saved files from desktop newly created folder.

2nd question; from the last I heard, MS was still in the process of rolling out the unlimited storage. Not everyone will receive it at the same time, it's being done in stages....not sure why, but that's MS for you.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
    As for your first question; I'm not quit sure about that....some sort of malware maybe or an update. Save what's left of that folder to the desktop, then delete it from onedrive, Then re-create the A&S folder in onedrive and move saved files from desktop newly created folder.

2nd question; from the last I heard, MS was still in the process of rolling out the unlimited storage. Not everyone will receive it at the same time, it's being done in stages....not sure why, but that's MS for you.
    Thanks for replying, I am not sure what has been going on. I have noticed that all day yesterday there was a synch symbol on the Onedrive icon in the tray. I think synch stopped working, not sure why yet, and that has somehow files that I had been working with didn't sync and that affected the folders they were in. Unfortunately for one particular file I have lost a lot of work, the rest I can recover with some time spent.

It is disappointing that this can happen. We are going travelling for the rest of the year, Philppines, India, Greece etc., and I was hoping to rely on Onedrive as a final backup in case our luggage is stolen, computer breaks or whatever. Now I don't think I can do that. External drives and so on all have to be carried and so are vulnerable. Maybe I will have to use Dropbox as well but it does not have the capacity to see the data locally. I thought it was too good to be true.

I live in Sydney, Australia so maybe we will be upgraded to unlimited last in the world.

Alec

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am replying to my own message.

All of my data has reappeared after 24 hours or so. No reason as far as I can see. It is just there again and the synch icon has gone. Maybe I will continue to use Onedrive, but I wont rely on it!

Alec

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the information you have provided.Great Info.