New Lounger
    Thanks

Repairing/Reinstalling WinXP in virtual mode (in Win7)

I've been happily using Windows XP to run some really good old programs within a virtual PC box. But today when I opened it, it wouldn't enable the integration features, no matter how many times I closed and restarted it. All I get now is a black window and no XP mode. I'm considering uninstalling the virtual mode and XP, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations about whether this would work or not. I can't find any way to repair the install of virtual PC and XP functionality, so my only hope is to uninstall and reinstall it. Any suggestions, folks? Many thanks for whatever advice you can provide. This is the best darned forum around.

Thanks
    I maybe a bit off on this but theoretically you should be able to do a repair install by booting an iso of the xp install disk in the virtual machine. I have never done this but poke around to see if it works, also if it is the virtualizing software that is corrupt the copy of the virtual machine may still be usable as is once the virtualizing software is working.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wavy, you were right. I uninstalled the XP mode and then reinstalled it. Now it works just fine. I had to reinstall my old programs, but that's a small price to pay to be back in business. Your comment gave me the encouragement to just go ahead and do it. So thanks for that. I appreciate your help!