Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up Toggle Styles as Wanted

Well, here is one thing many people desired. ( helping to prove, Feedback is not a joke) The Windows 10 Briefing today showed that coming in future Builds is a 'toggle button' ability to switch between Full Start screen w/ Live Tiles OR Desktop w/ Start menu. No reboot required.

And a lot of other graphic details, features, abilities, & functionality people will like are coming. Patience Grasshopper. All sorts of pretty things, requested things, personalizing, were not all going to be in the initial beta Builds. Appealing, even requested stuff is coming, if not in the next Build then over the next few months.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Thanks
    Yuck, I don't want start menu at all, whether on Desktop or anywhere else. Please tell me I don't have to have the start menu.

Thanks
    You don't have to use the Start Menu if you don't want it. Its an option for those of us that prefer it but it will be the default for the desktop. You just have to change it if you don't want it. This is the way it always should have been - user choice.

Jerry

Thanks
    Thanks Jerry, it's just that Drew seemed to imply that it was the menu on Desktop whether you wanted or not. I've always said that (as you say) it should have always been a choice.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    Yuck, I don't want start menu at all, whether on Desktop or anywhere else. Please tell me I don't have to have the start menu.
    That's exactly what was said. The choice is available, already, but, now, a 1-clk button toggles between the 2 w/out needing to reboot.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    Thanks Jerry, it's just that Drew seemed to imply that it was the menu on Desktop whether you wanted or not. I've always said that (as you say) it should have always been a choice.
    No I didn't. All I accurately & clearly said was the choice that, already, exists, can now be had via a 1-clk toggle button AND w/out any reboot required.

All lot of people had asked for an easier way to select between the 2 types of start menus.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Thanks
    OK, OK, thanks guys - been away so haven't been able to respond.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Actually, I have to correct myself for y'all. It is not a matter of going between Desktop w/ Start menu & Start screen style. It is a button on the Start menu that expands it to full screen... not to the, actual, Start screen (style) just the Start menu of a full screen display.

Please, forgive the misinformation, originally. Thanks.

We are all learning this thing & its on-going changes, as we go.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg