2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win 8.1 2502 & 2503 errors.

Hi to all,

My Win 8.1 computer has started giving me Errors 2502 and 2503 whenever I try to either delete or install a program. I tried to Google the problem but found any suggestions confusing. Does anyone know of any easy fix that this senior citizen non-techie could understand? Thank you. Respectfully. GG

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Looking at this article http://www.fixkb.com/2014/01/error-2...windows-8.html it would appear to be a Permissions issue and Solution 2 may do it for you without it being too techie.

I don't have Win 8/8.1 so have to rely on Google as well

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

Graphics Guy (2015-01-22)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Sudo15,
    Thank you for the speedy reply. Let me update you on my problem. I first tried Solution 2 as you suggested. When I tried Ctrl+Alt +ESC as the first step – nothing happened - so I used Ctrl+Alt+Del that opened up my Task Manager and I proceeded as per instructions. But, when I completed the steps and tried the program the Error still occurred.
    I then tried Solution 1 and although some steps were tricky for me it did solve my problem and I am able to uninstall & install programs again.
    Thank you for your time and patience, I do appreciate your efforts. Respectfully, GG

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad to hear that at least one of the methods did it for you and thanks for the update.

I guess that's just one of the many marvels of Windows that such an error can occur and requires that sort of fix

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo, good morning. I just updated my W-8 to W-8.1. It runs but not as nice as W-8 did. I noticed that it built as for W-7 a Reserve partition. Yeark. I think that this prevents Acronis from doing my usual clone/week. What do you think and how can I remove this RP if it is at all remove-able ?
    Sorry to bother you, I hope that I do not ruin your day. Jean.

Thanks
    Jean, please start a new thread with this problem. Don't hijack other threads.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry this is not a problem, I can live with it. I just mentioned it as a FWIW. Let me forget it. Jean.

Thanks
    OK. No problem. I didn't mean to be critical. Just trying to avoid having multiple problem topics in one thread. Have a good day.

Jerry