Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up Revert 9926 Start menu (U'll love this!)

I just received this. Haven't had time to decide what items to add to it, if any. This IS Build 9926 and thought y'all would like to see my Start menu.

My SM.JPG

Enjoy it. You are welcome to use it.

Save it (see below) wherever you like, Clk it & voila...

You'll have the pre-9926 Start menu

Sizing
    Remove Tiles & collapse
    No Expand
    No Cortana
    Colours selection
    LIVE Customise Button

Download HERE

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-01-25 at 14:06.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew1903 For This Useful Post:

Coochin (2015-01-25)

Thanks
    Ta Ta Cortana (what BS).

Desktop.jpg
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, on the fine start menu now. I just clicked on the top option and let it run, voilà ! Good going Shawn.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Shawn??? Jean. My name is Drew

The OP is/was me.

You're welcome, anyway. Knew Folks would like it. Hopefully the Win10 Build Team will supply an acceptable Start menu in the next Build and things like this won't be necessary.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-01-25 at 11:45.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Shawn??? Jean. My name is Drew

The OP is/was me.
    ... and the author who created the batch file was?

Thanks
    Well, golly-gosh, can it have been the well-known Shawn Brink?!
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Drew, I can tell between Drew and Shawn ! You are Drew !

The fellow who wrote the code that was meant to correct this was Shawn "somebody" and I saw his name at the end of the site. Therefore I thanked him. See #6.

Now, somebody has erased that line, no longer can I click on it, it says that it is no longer available ??? What gives ? Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2015-01-25 at 13:40.

Thanks
    Great! This brings back the same Start Menu as the previous build with Modern and Desktop apps listed separately as well as a separate link to the Control Panel. I hope they don't take this away in a future build. Thanks to Shawn.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Drew, I can tell between Drew and Shawn ! You are Drew !

The fellow who wrote the code that was meant to correct this was Shawn "somebody" and I saw his name at the end of the site. Therefore I thanked him. See #6.

Now, somebody has erased that line, no longer can I click on it, it says that it is no longer available ??? What gives ? Jean.
    Jean,

What I had give to share this w/ Folks was a link to the file in my OneDrive. The file was given to me by a colleague/friend of mine in Toronto via his OneDrive.

Thanks for explaining about why you were thanking the Shawn person. I understand, now. People in other IT Forums were just thanking me for sharing the info. Although, I had seen some mention of a Shawn in other IT forums where I write where this was discussed in other threads than where I had shared it w/ people.

I'm not sure what or where you are talking in regard to a line erased, no longer available, etc. IF you are having trouble using my OneDrive link HERE is the page where it is originally. Scroll down to the #3 item; 2nd Download button down.

Sure nice you are not snotty. But, that's, certainly, part of why we are friends.

Let me know because it is working fine for everyone else who has responded to me about how delighted they are @ what it does.

I'll change my OP here to go to the Win10 forums page instead, of the file in my OneDrive.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-01-25 at 14:22.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Great! This brings back the same Start Menu as the previous build with Modern and Desktop apps listed separately as well as a separate link to the Control Panel. I hope they don't take this away in a future build. Thanks to Shawn.

Jerry
    Yes, do hope we get something like this in the next Build rather than what is in 9926 by default. Would be better than having to tweak things. I reckoned people would like this, for now. So glad I shared the info that someone had shared w/ me. The circle goes round, as they say

"Shawn was the actual creator of the tutorial referenced in the One Drive file that shows you exactly how to do it.

Jerry"

Yes, thanks to Jean had this sorted, already. But, still, appreciate you aiming to clarify; nice of you, also, Jerry.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-01-25 at 14:27.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Drew, good afternoon.
    All is fine now and still. At one time, I could not find the URL that was linked to the prompt. Must have been finger problem on my part. I was able to find it again and I am using the second prompt in this offered app from Shawn, nice.
    We at times, me for sure, type too fast and not having made sure of the words, create a slight confusion, I am expert at this. Anyhow, I love the old start menu and thanks for your push.
    Hey, we are all pushing on the same boulder !
    I finally was able to get my O2K installed ! Had to fool the system first. Jean.

W-10.jpg

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Yes, mon ami, idea is we are @ the same table. Confusion is ok once you get it sorted & we did. You sure had me going until you explained... I throw something in & you say, "Thanks Shawn" and I'm of course wondering if you'll share what you're smoking, LOL.

Cool you got that installed... just clever sometimes, aren't you, eh?

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

I grabbed that 'logo' I've been using LONG ago. Seeing yours tells me I should go look for a better one, now, maybe... I'll have to see what there is, now.