2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Deleting programs/files

After reading a reply by Rick about uninstalling a stubborn program, I am wondering.... I usually go to my control panel and "programs and features" which gives me a list of things I can then uninstall. Is using something like "MyUninstaller" a better or more thorough way to get rid of things?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Shadow,

In most cases I'd say yes as most provided uninstallers do not get rid of everything. My favorite is Revo Uninstaller, and I use the Pro (paid) version. The reason I like the paid version is that you can use the program to MONITOR the installation of programs. It records everything that gets done so when you use it to uninstall the program it gets rid of everything. Also note the free version or Revo only works on 32 bit programs where the pro version works on all programs. You can even get it at a 30% discount today over at Bits DuJour. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

shadow35 (2015-01-25)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info Geek. I've noticed a lot of little bits and pieces hanging around that I have to manually clean out every now and then when using the supplied windows uninstaller proggy which is why I was wondering about the efficiency of different uninstallers.