Thanks

Norton Protected Recycle Bin equivalent for Windows 7?

Long ago I used Norton Protected Recycle Bin [from Norton Utilities] for earlier Windows.
    Is there a free or pay-for product for Windows 7 that will act as NPRB acted?
    NPRB was resident, "extended" the regular Windows recycle bin -- deleted folders and/or file stayed and stayed and stayed until either finally overwritten or emptied from NPRB.

I adjusted the title to better reflect the true name of that famous Norton Utility
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2015-01-25 at 20:23.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    In that the windows recycle bin does that anyway (other than having a maximum size), how does the Norton product improve it?

Thanks
    Was unable to connect w/GChrome a few days, now back on...
    solved! Norton Protected Recycle Bin replaced [title]
    I installed Network Recycle Bin Tool, which "extends" the normal recycle bin [even if cleared] by copying files into a designated protected area. What happened is that I cleared Windows Recycle Bin without looking in it 2-3 hours before I realized that I had accidentally deleted Security installs folder on my Ddrive. NRBT simply copies files into its bin until I clear them, or, until room runs out, then oldest gets ousted first.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I guess that would be a big help when you have to deal with gobs and gobs of files every day and if you get rid of the wrong one it could come back to bite you on the butt. However, I already have to delete something twice to get rid of it (delete, then empty the trash can). I really wouldn't want to have to delete something three or more times to actually get rid of it. lol

Thanks
    shadow, you've spoken wisely! Get this: I empty Windows Recycle Bin. I empty NRBT. I then have to go back to Windows Recycle Bin and empty out what was copied into it from NRBT. I removed the NRBT for now.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep, sounds like loads of fun Roland (big lol). You CAN set things to actually delete and not go to the trash can when you delete them, but I have saved my (rather large) butt a number of times by being able to retrieve an item from the trash can. I also have two trash cans, the normal windows one and a "secure" trashcan from Kremlin that overwrites whatever you put into it an adjustable number of times (from only one up to 'military' grade 7 times) for a "secure" deletion.