New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Help - mail merge query

Hi,

I am new to the forum and would describe my Microsoft word experience as Intermediate at best.

I am using Microsoft Word 2013 and am trying to do a mail-merge for a student debt letter, with the source document being an Excel file.

Basically the issue is that some students have more than 1 line of debt, and currently 2 letters are being created, whereas ideally, we would like it so that the 2 lines are on the one debt letter.

I have tried following the tutorial but have fallen at the first hurdle - I can't see where to go to set a key field within Word 2013??

I have attached the letter and an example of the source documentation. The names are all made up. For the first student, James, 3 letters have been created. However, ideally all of his outstanding fees would be listed under the headings 'Due Date, Invoice No etc'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Take a look at Doug Robbins' Merge Tools and Graham Mayor's Many to One Merge Add-In. If you want a more customized approach, review Paul Edstein's MailMerge Tutorial that is a sticky thread in this forum.

You can find more links on my MailMerge page.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]