Star Lounger
    Thanks

Seeing BCC in Sent items list

I recently upgraded my PC and reinstalled Office 2010 in Windows 7 64-bit. I sent a large number of emails once a week. All the addresses are pasted in BCC to keep the addresses hidden. On the old PC I could afterwards see a list of all the emails sent to these recipients in the list of Sent items. This told me when they were sent so I could wait an hour before sending the next batch. This is due to a limitation set by my ISP. On the new PC there is no indication that any emails had been sent to these BCC recipients. All other emails sent, are however shown. All emails are of the POP3 variety, no gmail or Hotmail or yahoo stuff.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
    You got me curious....as I'm running running office 2013 pro plus, so I went to check my CC/BCC. Guess what, in outlook 2013 under new mail there is no option for BCC. So now I'm off to investigate.

Thanks
    Well that was easy....it's in the ribbon. One click and it's there, one more click and it's gone. Now to test your issue....

Thanks
    Yep...same issue as you....no way to see the BCC list.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bassfisher6522 For This Useful Post:

Leon1 (2015-01-26)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had to create a new form, and convert all of my sent items to that form so that the BCC would show when I needed to print it out etc.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon1 View Post
    I recently upgraded my PC and reinstalled Office 2010 in Windows 7 64-bit. I sent a large number of emails once a week. All the addresses are pasted in BCC to keep the addresses hidden. On the old PC I could afterwards see a list of all the emails sent to these recipients in the list of Sent items. This told me when they were sent so I could wait an hour before sending the next batch. This is due to a limitation set by my ISP. On the new PC there is no indication that any emails had been sent to these BCC recipients. All other emails sent, are however shown. All emails are of the POP3 variety, no gmail or Hotmail or yahoo stuff.

What am I missing here?
    Do you mean you can't see who was Bcced, to the message?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There must be a setting or something that enables one to at least see when a message to a list of BCC recipients was sent. This was how my previous setup worked.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    ruirib: I seem to struggle to explain my problem. All I want is to be able to see the time when the last message was sent. I used to see this in my "Sent" folder. With my present settings this does not happen. I do not need to see the names of the people - just when the last message was sent. I hope this is clear.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Much discussion about this issue here: How to view the BCC field on Sent messages

Perhaps the very last response in comments is relevant? But there are some other potential workarounds listed earlier, particularly if a Gmail account is being used.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon1 View Post
    ruirib: I seem to struggle to explain my problem. All I want is to be able to see the time when the last message was sent. I used to see this in my "Sent" folder. With my present settings this does not happen. I do not need to see the names of the people - just when the last message was sent. I hope this is clear.
    I have been using Outlook since Office 2000 and never was a message sent once for each Bcc recipient. Bcc is processed at the sending server, not in Outlook. In Outlook there is only one single message, no more than that. The sent time is unique as Outlook sends the message only once.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    @ruirib I don't think Leon1 is looking to see one message per addressee, he is looking for an entry/copy in the Sent Box that shows the timestamp of the "batch" sent.

In 2007, (pre-ribbon I believe) this shows with a blank To: field, but the rest of the fields, including time, are there. This is a single entry, regardless of the number of BCC's, as you indicated.

@Leon1 - Since this is a "new" installation, could the choice, size and order of the fields being displayed be preventing you from seeing the message as you expect? I'm not sure what the default layout is in 2010, but it seems the defaults might put the timestamp off the edge of the screen. Is there a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Glitch For This Useful Post:

Leon1 (2015-02-06)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Glitch. You seem to grasp the core of the problem.
    I am just using the default settings - exactly as in the previous installation.
    I did some more experiments: The problem only occurs when I use an alias email to send the messages. When I use the primary email the message shows up in "Sent items" with a blank "To" column. The rest of the details are all there (date and time etc).
    The problem seems to be related to the use of the alias and not the use of BCC. None of the messages sent from the alias address shows up in the "Sent items".

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I "solved" my problem. The alias had created an extra PST file. All emails generated by the alias address are stored there. Thanks for all the replies.