New Lounger
    Thanks

IE now requires "Run as administrator" to run

I'm running IE 11 on Windows 8.1, both fully updated. I was always able to start IE by simply clicking on it in the Start menu. A few weeks ago that stopped working. Left-clicking on IE won't start it. I have to right-click and select "Run as administrator" and go through the whole UAC process. I've searched far and wide, tried several things I found online, and still have the problem. By the way, I am logged in as an Administrator when this problem occurs. Any ideas? Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There's a difference to being logged in with an admin account and running programs as an admin by right clicking on them.

Can you list what you have already tried so we have something to go on.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I understand the different between being logged with an admin account and running a program as an administrator.

I have reset IE to default values (after trying various online suggestions about tinkering with security settings). I have deleted all IE shortcuts and made a new one that does not require running as an administrator. So as far as I can tell I'm back to a standard setup for running IE.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes, resetting IE to defaults is always a good first step as it will normally get rid of any unwanted add-ons and initially running IE without add-ons can ID if they are the problem when IE performs as it should in that mode.