Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Alternative to All Apps list

Start menu:
    All Apps - Seeking an item

Although, the All Apps bit on the Win10 Start menu is pretty much what the All Programs list was/is in Win7... and some ppl are coming from a Windows 8.1 background...

Have heard that some Folks are not liking scrolling through an A to Z list. Even, though things can be Pinned or type a couple characters into Search, sometimes there's scrolling the list seeking something.

Well, here's an alternative. It provides for a folder on the Taskbar that opens a window. The nav tree can be removed. The windows has (All) Applications in it. The contents can have the View desired style set and Sort can be set, as desired. Point being, instead of scrolling down a grocery store list, the window can be an array of icons (Hint: Medium size works really well). Look 'em over for what you seek. It's how I & my clients do it in 8.1 & it is, still, terrific w/ Windows 10. If you would like try it...

Rt Clk on Desktop (anywhere)
    > New
    > Shortcut

In the "Location" box put,

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}
    In the Name box, change it to Applications
    Hit next, OK, Done, Finish whatever it says, LOL

Ok, so now, find it on (or in) Desktop
    Click it to open
    Remove the nav tree
    Set the View you like/want
    Sort it how you desire

MINIMISE DO NOT CLOSE!
    It will sit @ the ready on the Taskbar.

If you do not close it... you only have to Click the Desktop icon & set it if & when you reboot or after a reboot.

Some of you may, really, like this. Configuring it takes all of about 2 seconds. And the results can be neat to use.

Example of one way it can be...
    Apps window.JPG

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-01-27 at 03:46.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I must say, this sure is more appealing, to me, looking @ an array than through a list. Nicely laid out right in front of me to see all @ once & select. Saves time & searching or drilling down or going up & down a list.

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg

Banned Member
    Thanks
    BTW, if using Applications window, File Explorer is on its Jumplist; ergo, still, 'right there'. Opening it will give you all your Quick Access pinned folders.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

No real point here, just anecdotal. I had pretty much quit using the Start menu, @ least sometime early in Win7, maybe earlier. The lack of one in 8.0 & 8.1, you can imagine, never really bothered me. Nor do I use the Start screen in 8.1 (or the ALL Applications screen). Do often use them, those screens, to Search.

Now, w/ Win10, even though it has a Start menu, I hardly ever have any call or need to open it. I don't use it to access All Applications nor to Search; use Taskbar Search.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42066