New Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot delete some old files even logged in as admin

I have a non-active partition that has some windows files left over from some experimenting. These files have nothing to do with my active boot partition or the installed windows or its partition.
    With the old NT and Win2000 Professional I could take ownership of anything and do whatever I wanted.
    It tells me that I have no rights to these files even though I am the 1 and only account and admin.
    Also I installed this OS myself so there is no OEM hanky panky going on there as far as I know.
    I did not want to reformat the partition because there are a lot of files that I would not want to have to copy (300+gb).

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Follow the instructions in Make a handy "power" tool to create a System Level Command Prompt. Hopefully that will allow you to remove the file attributes and allow deletion of the files.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Reg hack to add Take Ownership to the Context Menu. Works in OSs' from XP to W8.1

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

This will delete anything.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/unlocker.html

Some AV programs flag it, but its safe.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Awesomness!!! Nice!!
    Take ownership worked.
    Thank you very much.
    I will also get unlocker just in case I get something stickier.