New Lounger
    Thanks

Corrupted AVI. files

Somehow I have some video clips that look like the old fashioned snow on TV screens and the audio is just static. I also have clips that look fine but then they start pixelating and get snowy. Can this be caused by my office being too hot or the power going on and off? Once the clip is like this, can it be repaired?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Copy a few files to another computer and view them to test if it's the computer or the files - I suspect your computer. If it is the files they must have been modified at some time for the problems to occur. Have you modified the files?

cheers, Paul

p.s. this section of the forum is for questions about the forum itself. I'm sure someone will move this thread to the correct category for you.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried that but they they are still corrupted. The files were accidently erased from the memory card and when I ran a recovery program, some of the files were fine and some were corrupted.
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    The files were accidently erased from the memory card and when I ran a recovery program
    I've noticed that some of the recovery programs don't get complete files resulting in some of the coding being missing, nothing can be done about it.