Thread: Win7 Pro ISO

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win7 Pro ISO

I downloaded the Win7 Pro ISO from http://www.w7forums.com/threads/offi...-2#post-124821 as I want it available just in case it comes in handy some day
    That went ok but when it was time to burn it to disc; but when I went to open the DVD drive I pushed the On/Off button instead
    Now I do not know where to find the downloaded ISO, it isn't in the Downloads folder and I don't know the title of the file so I do not know how to find it
    Can I find the file? If so how?
    --- In Win7, how do I find files within a certain time period? In todays case it would be approximately between 6:00 PM until 9:30 PM
    Did I loose it when I shut the computer down and will have to start over?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    In Windows Explorer change the View to Details then click the column heading for Date, should be the first on the list or the last. Clicking each column heading changes the line-up of the files. Could also change the Type list and look for .iso or do a Search for *.iso. You shouldn't have lost it but never rule out the possibility.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It may be in your Downloads folder - C:\Users\YOU\Downloads

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It will be listed as X17- with the relevant number for your version of Win 7 Pro.

You can find the file by going Start - type x17- then click on it.

Mine comes up in Toshiba Disc Creator with a prompt to insert a disk, but it does show the folder it's in and for me, that is my Downloads folder.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-01-30 at 05:49.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

shadow35 (2015-01-30)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Very good litle bit of knowledge to have Sudo. I've tried using various "file finders" and in testing them have told them to locate a file that I already know the location of and the name of and many times they couldn't find them. That was surprising.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Those of us with grey hair open a command prompt, navigate to the root of the drive and type "DIR *.ISO /S".

Thanks
    Some of us grey hairs run Everything search and type *.iso in its search bar to locate all iso files in all disks in one fell swoop. It's faster than Windows search as well.
    www.voidtools.com

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by riffraff View Post
    Those of us with grey hair open a command prompt, navigate to the root of the drive and type "DIR *.ISO /S".
    That may not find it as it's listed as a Disk Image File and one of the ISOs I have saved is named as X17-24281

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. I must have closed out sooner than I should have. I did expect to find the ISO per your recommendation but no luck; so I started over and completed the task. Moral: take my time

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    ...You can find the file by going Start - type x17- then click on it...
    Sudo15,

Actually, not just "X17-" (needs the asterisk wildcards). Try "X17-*.iso" or "X17-*.*".
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    Sudo15,

Actually, not just "X17-" (needs the asterisk wildcards). Try "X17-*.iso" or "X17-*.*".
    It does it for me without any wildcards or quotes, but as I've said, it comes up in Toshiba Disc Creator and shows Downloads in a box at the top.

In Start you can type parts of the word for practically anything and it will come up with suggestions such as temp will give you Change temporary Internet file settings and as you start to write reliability, it will produce View reliability history.

If I type one word from the name of a file I have in Notepad, it will bring up Notepad at that file's location.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-01-31 at 05:20.

Thanks

W7 Isos are biggies. Search by size; ie >3 Gb.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Starting with Windows Vista the OS came on DVDs so the .iso files based on the DVD and all succeeding versions will be big.

Thanks
    Starting with Windows Vista the OS came on DVDs so the .iso files based on the DVD and all succeeding versions will be big.

That was the point

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.