Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Calculator Concern

Someone in another IT Forum recently wasn't too crazy about the Calculator. The 'old' default calculator that was embedded w/ the OS is no more. They mentioned can only run one instance of the Calculator @ a time, among other comments.

Wonder if y'all know about this other calculator... it has Scientific and does conversions, too. AND it does do multiple instances simultaneously; even, looks like a wee calculator OR you can switch it to Classic View, also. It's been around for years. It is called Calculator Plus. Oh, yeah, and it does work in Windows 10.

Calculator+.JPG

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-01-30 at 01:12.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morning, Drew.

000I054slL4W.jpg

Nice but I like mine better.

I tried this calculator that is obviously designed for a touch screen smart phone-like thing. I also tried to import the old calculator from System 32 but it would not run. Sad ! We are creatures of habit and I liked the old one but who I am to say ? Jean.

W-10.jpg

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Actually, not @ all, Jean. Calculator Plus has probably been around since before cell phones & tablets. And as I said, it, also, has a Classic View. Also, notice the Applications window...
    CV.JPG

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Good morning, Drew.

000I054slL4W.jpg

Nice but I like mine better.

I tried this calculator that is obviously designed for a touch screen smart phone-like thing. I also tried to import the old calculator from System 32 but it would not run. Sad ! We are creatures of habit and I liked the old one but who I am to say ? Jean.

W-10.jpg
    You can run the old calculator. Click here to download, and install it!http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1795

5. The Following User Says Thank You to djohnson For This Useful Post:

handcuff36 (2015-02-04)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello to Delaware. I got this old calculator as you provided and it runs fine. Thanks. You had me searching for the location of the app, I vaguely remembered that it used to be in Sys32 and I found it there ok. Great collaboration.
    Have a great calculator day. Jean.

W-10.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Actually, not @ all, Jean. Calculator Plus has probably been around since before cell phones & tablets. And as I said, it, also, has a Classic View. Also, notice the Applications window...
    CV.JPG

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg
    tried your 'fancy Application Window'. Has every app and program on my machine, but not in a useful order. For example - Macrium Reflect (image backup) is listed under 'M', bur Uninstll Macrium reflect is listed under 'U'.
    Any way to keep systems together, except by renaming everything with a 'prefix'?

Banned Member
    Thanks
    If you Rt Clk in it there are some choices as to how items can be sorted & or grouped. Possibly something there will do an arrangement you'll like.

I've been just going alphabetical, A to Z. But, check out options available to you. I, really, like using this window!

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg