New Lounger
    Thanks

track active control (97)

I have a hidden text box on my form and I want to store the Name value of the currently active control in that text box, but I don't to write a click event for every control.

Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: track active control (97)

If you don't use one of the control events, how were you planning to determine that the active control had changed? I usually get a form a custom string property called LastControl by creating a public module level variable by that name. Then in the gotfocus on OnClick event of each control I set the LastControl property to the name of the control. That will work even on labels, which can't receive the focus but do have a click event. Otherwise, you can use Screen.ActiveControl.Name to get the name of the active control, but you still have to trigger it from something.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Charlotte

Sorry it has taken so long to reply as I got side tracked by another project (as one does!) and I got to go on leave as well!

Anyhow, I guess what I was getting at was that I didn't want to write a sub for each control but wanted instead something more global at the Form level to track the name of last focussed control.

In the end I just wrote a click event for each control to put its name in the hidden text box as the text box's value. Probably not the most efficient way to do it, but, hey, I'm just a newbie.

Thanks
    Dean

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Otherwise, you'd have to use a class and bind each control to it in the form's Open event.
    Charlotte