Thanks

Functioning Acrobat 8 Professional Forum

Can someone point me to an active, functioning Acrobat Professional forum?

I just tried to post the question below on Adobe's forum page. It took 3 tries with a password reset to get to a page where I could properly enter it. Of course, each time I had to recreate the text of the post. Now it appears that if it my post is not about an "Adobe in the clouds pay by the month product" posting to the forums is blocked and access is perhaps only archival. Bless them for not just deleting all the problems their once active forums solved!

Title:

Repaginate a PDF - Text - Image - Text - Image

Post body:

I am using Acrobat 8 Professional under Windows 7 Professional x64.

I have a 15 page PDF document. On page 1 I have some text and an image I want to delete. Thereafter the document alternates between short paragraphs and an associated image. I would like to perform the deletions and then repaginate the remaining PDF so that each paragraph and image is on its own separate page. Can I do this? I can't figure out how to ask the question properly in the program help.
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    As Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional is quite an old product now, it's not surprising there's little support for it. Indeed it's so old Adobe has made it available for free downloads!

That said, although you can edit PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Professional, the product itself doesn't function like either a page layout program or a Word processor and has no text-reflow support. From what you've described, to do what you're after would entail inserting new empty pages where required and moving content from pages containing more than one paragraph and image to the new pages. Alternatively, you may be able to duplicate pages with more than one paragraph and image, then delete complimentary content from each.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thanks
    Thank you, Paul!

You confirmed my suspicions.

I took a different path. I opened Word 2000 (a workable, but frequently flaky application under Win7) and used the Select & Zoom tool, Select, to copy all the text to separate pages. Then I went back and reset Select & Zoom to Snapshot and ran the images through PE6 to adjust sizes and brightness, so I have pretty much what I want.

It is clear that I face a 'learning curve' if I want to do editing of a PDF, especially one created by scanning a document that started as text and graphics. Thanks for helping me better understand Acrobat's limitations.
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.