Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inbox rules stoped working (Office2000)

(my problem is similar to message 36526 from May - "Good rules gone bad" - but the solution offered there does not apply as far as I can see)
    Problem: One day a week ago inbox rules moving incoming messages to folders have stopped working (after working properly for over a year).
    I have deleted the rules and redefined them. Now they only work manually (which means they are properly defined) and the first rule on the list also seems to work automatically (and when I change the first rule the new "first" works and the old one doesn't) - but this I have not completely narrowed down.
    I have also tried creating a new user profile - to no avail.
    I couldn't find any option to change manual/automatic running (except for Exchange Server update, which is set for automatic). The rules do not have any exceptions, and are straightforward. All are defined to move messages sent to a specific newslist to a specific folder.
    Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get the automatic handling of the rules to work again?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inbox rules stoped working (Office2000)

Did you try renaming your rwz file and then recreating your rules all over?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I have deleted the rules from both PC and server and started over before I reached out to the Lounge (and in fact created a new profile to make sure nothing remained anywhere from the deletion).

As things stand today, I have five identical rules (each moving mail sent to one of five newsgroup to one of three folders). Two work automatically 100% of the time; two never work automatically; and one sometimes works automatically and sometimes doesn't. All work manually, so I am positive they are properly defined.

Any ideas will be appreciated. I am highly frustrated (and somewhat puzzled as well).

Thanks

Anything here?:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q218263&GSSNB=1>OL2000: (CW) Rules That Move Messages May Work Inconsistently (Q218263)</A>

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. The article is very interesting and may help me in solving problems we have on other computers.

However, regretfully it does not apply in this case. (1) I am moving to folders on mailbox, not in *.pst; (2) Only one computer logs on to that mailbox.

Even if I don't solve my immediate problem, at least I am learning a lot from the answers. I'm still hopeful someone has come across this weird problem (by the way, the two groups the rules refuse to process automatically are DailyWordTips and DailyExcelTips, but I doubt that this means anything) and maybe even managed to find a solution.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You're at the frustrting stage now, eh? A couple of things come to mind. Have you check to see if there's a rule to turn off further processing? Have you tried setting up a profile on a different PC? If the 2nd PC works fine then it's something on your PC; if it still doesn't work it's something on the server. This doesn't fix the problem, but at least you know where to focus your effort...