New Lounger
    Thanks

Can "Attachments" be sent via email as part of a report? (Access 2013)

I am using the Attachment data type for first time. Entry into table or form works fine. I normally send a routine report by opening Access report, publishing it as a pdf, then later attaching that pdf to an outgoing email. Now that I have Access-attached files in my table (underlying the report), is there a way to easily send any attachments related to the data source OR do I have to first open an email then manually "attach the attachments" one at a time?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You mean something like this?
    stDocname is name of report.
    DoCmd.SendObject _
    acSendReport, _
    stDocname, _
    acFormatPDF, _
    , _
    , _
    , _
    stDocname, _
    "", _
    False

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmmm. My sending process is not that sophisticated. Let me do a better job of describing my current process. I have a data source called tbl_activities. Fields with data type include [ActivityType]-short text, [ActivityDate]-date, [RelevantFiles]-attachment. My report based on this data source includes [ActivityType] and [ActivityDate]. I publish my report as a pdf file.

I need to send my report to my sponsor. Currently: 1. I create a new email using an online encryption service. 2. I write the email. 3. I attach files to the email including my pdf report AND an Excel file and a Word file that I had previously entered as attachments in the [RelevantFiles] field. 4. I send the email.

What I'm wondering is: is there a way to include [RelevantFiles] automatically either by (a) somehow including the actual [RelevantFiles] Excel/Word files in the report itself or (b) as attachments to my email so that I don't have to manually find and select Excel/Word files on my computer? I suspect this is not possible, but I'm wondering if Access can figure out that the given Excel/Word files are part of the report data source and attach them to my email so that I won't have to find them on my computer.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to orangehat For This Useful Post:

QMatHome (2015-02-09)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    May be a bit over my head, but you answered my question. Many thanks.