New Lounger
    Thanks

How to fix Google Talk problem?

I have got the problem in my Google Talk: "Oops! You are not invisible because you're logged into Google Talk from another client, device, or location that doesn't support invisibility". I tried to fix the problem using site https://karthikkn.wordpress.com/2013...h-google-chat/ but I could not manage a protocol. When I had confirmed Google talk protocol in Pidgin Add Account table then I automatically got XMPP protocol and I am not able to change it. How to solve this problem ?

Thanks
    Hi and welcome to the Lounge

I suspect that Google wants you to use Google products (Chrome?) or you don't get the full range of services. Once logged out of Google Talk in Pidgin, you should be able to go invisible in Chrome (or whatever client Google fully supports).

In Pidgin, you should be able to select the Accounts options and disable Google Talk/XMPP.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    Hi and welcome to the Lounge

I suspect that Google wants you to use Google products (Chrome?) or you don't get the full range of services. Once logged out of Google Talk in Pidgin, you should be able to go invisible in Chrome (or whatever client Google fully supports).

In Pidgin, you should be able to select the Accounts options and disable Google Talk/XMPP.
    I use Mozilla on my laptop. When I disable (delete) XMPP in Account options then it appear again although I put google Talk protocol instead of XMPP. Maybe I need to change Mozilla to Chrome ?

Thanks
    For testing purposes, I would use Chrome and set Pidgin to manual start (don't allow it to start with Windows).

Once you have Chrome setup, you can then test for yourself the differences made by logging in alongside it with Firefox/Pidgin. Pidgin without Google Talk + Chrome might give you what you require.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    For testing purposes, I would use Chrome and set Pidgin to manual start (don't allow it to start with Windows).

Once you have Chrome setup, you can then test for yourself the differences made by logging in alongside it with Firefox/Pidgin. Pidgin without Google Talk + Chrome might give you what you require.
    I did it on Chrome but the option "get user info" in Add account Buddy list "buddies" is inactive and I can't continue.

Thanks
    Mm, I'll have to stand down at this point, you need someone who actively uses Google Talk/Chrome(/Pidgin).