I have a Word document with a number of hyperlinks to various web pages. All of the hyperlinks work as expected except one. When I activate this one link, an error message appears in the browser window as follows:

Unsupported Browser
We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer 7, a browser version that is not supported by this website. Internet Explorer 7 was released in October of 2006, and the latest version of IE7 was released in October of 2007. It is no longer supported by Microsoft. Continuing to run IE7 leaves you open to any and all security vulnerabilities discovered since that date.
We suggest installing the latest version of Internet Explorer, or the latest version of these other popular browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera

My default browser is Firefox, version 35.0.1, up to date at this point. I also have Internet Explorer on my computer, version 11.0.15, also up to date at this point. When I manually enter the link address in either browser's address window, the appropriate web page is displayed. When the error message is displayed, only the parent address appears in the browser address window with the remaining intended address replaced by "/?tmpl=unsupported". Because the intended web page displays correctly when the address is entered in the browser manually, I'm thinking there is a problem with how the link in the word document is transfered to the browser. Yet the other links work fine. I have made sure the address that works correctly manually is also the address activated by the hyperlink (cut and past same text string). Any suggestions as to what may be happening would be appreciated.