New Lounger
    Thanks

emailing separate page(s) of a report (2.00 +Windows 98)

I have a number of reports in an Access2 database (version 2.00, running under Windows 98): it will eventually be converted to Access2000, although I cannot see any difference between them as far as what I want is concerned. The reports involved have around 80 or so pages each: each page applies to just one individual (for instance, lists of parent interview times for teaching staff). Up until now, we have printed a whole report once, and then placed the relevant printed page in the relevant pigeon-hole in the school common room. I want, if possible, to be able to e-mail each page to the appropriate recipient. I am able to e-mail a complete report (using the 'file send' command) but I have not found a way to e-mail one page at a time to different people: it is pointless giving everyone

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: emailing separate page(s) of a report (2.00 +Windows 98)

Sorry, but I don't think you're going to be able to do what you want even in Access 2000. Pages in reports are not quite like pages in a Word document, and when you use the File SendTo, you get the whole report. You would have to filter the report for each person and send the resulting filtered report to that person.

BTW, if you're used to coding in Access 2, you're going to have a steep learning curve moving to 2000, since VBA was introduced as the scripting language in Access 95. And there is a HUGE difference between Access 2 and Access 2000 in their exposed properties and the control you have over the application. Plus, 2000 introduces the ADO object model, which is an even bigger difference than moving from AccessBasic to VBA.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply, Charlotte: it is as I had feared (but I

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You might want to consider doing a mail merge to Word as Word can send individual sections of a document to different email addresses on the fly - see help on mergeing to electronic mail. It will get pretty sticky if you are using a subform on the report, as Word doesn't really have such a construct, but if you can build a flat file that is one record for each teacher, then Word would do it pretty smoothly. You could also play with a catalog style of merge, but the attempts I've seen using that generally don't work very well.

The alternative is to do as Charlotee suggest and loop through all of the teachers, and filter your report to just that teacher's data and then email the report to each teacher. It will undoubtedly involve a fair bit of code. Hope all goes well with your 2 to 2K conversion.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The problem is that the printing of particular pages is handled by the printer driver, not by Access. Pages are formatted on the fly. As for a current page property, reports don't even have a current record, so don't get your hopes up.
    Charlotte