New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Remembering access code

I had an old wireless netgear router with an ATT DSL modem which started going bad. I replaced them with a wireless Netgear DSL/modem model D6200. The unit works fine with my desktop computer as its hard wired to it. A second desktop computer also connects wirelessly without a problem. Both desktop computers remember the access code (password) and have no problem connecting. However, my laptop computer finds the network but I have to input the access code each time. It remembered the code with the old setup and connected every time. I can't seem to find why it won't remember the code as it did before. My laptop is a Lenovo model P500. I haven't been able to get any response from emails to Lenovo. Any suggestions on how to get it to lock in?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Windows normally remembers WiFi passwords, as do all other OSes. Try a search for "wifi password not saved Windows"

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Are you using the Lenovo wireless networking utility or managing wireless with the utility built-in to Windows? If the former then I suspect this may be the reason the password isn't being saved. In this case, remove the Lenovo wireless networking utility and/or let Windows manage wireless settings.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul, Search netted no results. Thanks for trying.

Hi Rick, already using Windows wireless. Very confusing. Thanks.
    Last edited by johndek1; 2015-02-05 at 19:13.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johndek1 View Post
    ...I can't seem to find why it won't remember the code as it did before...
    I have seen this problem on a few customers' computers. Go to Network and Sharing Centre, click on "Manage Wireless Networks" in the left pane, click on the wireless network then click on the "Remove" button.

Then go back to Network and Sharing Centre and connect to your network again, but make sure the "Connect automatically" checkbox is ticked.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.