New Lounger
    Thanks

Word template problems

Word has informed me that Calendar wizard and Calendar in menu cannot be downloaded because I am not connected to the internet (I am) or that my browser is in offline mode (it is not) and that I should try again later...I did. (This advice is about as useful as "try to get a friend to help you")

This problem is pretty wide spread and shows up on several web sites that deal with Office problems. However, I have not found any solution. Microsoft ignores it and others are either way beyond me or tell me to download free templates from MS web site.

This is Office 7 and was preloaded on a Toshiba Satellite Win 7 laptop. Something strange happened on Feb 2 and I found that my Gadget weather quit working, All my Word templates have this cannot be downloaded message. However, there is a desktop icon that comes with this version of Office 7 called the Office 7 task launcher which has a calendar and can be downloaded and is correct.

I have done a bunch of maintenance with malwarebites, priverzer, avast,adaware. I don't think I'm having malware problems but that something is not adjusted or checked or something...any ideas?

Thanks
    It looks very much like Microsoft has turned off the service(s) for the Weather gadget. See the Windows gadgets(weather) thread for more info.

I suspect you mean MS Office 2007 (aka Office 12) if it came pre-installed on a Windows 2007 laptop. I've just tried the Calendar wizard in Word 2007 and it worked fine. When you try this yourself and it fails, does it create an entry in either the Application or System event logs? To check, click on Start then enter eventvwr.msc to open Event Viewer.
    events.png
    Click to enlarge

Check in Application, System and any Microsoft Office logs. To make things easier, click on the Filter current log... link and check the Critical, Error and Warning checkboxes to show any problems.
    filter.png
    Click to enlarge

Report back any errors that you find.

Hope this helps...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Capture.GIFCapture.GIF This is the first two screen shots from Applications in event viewer

Thanks
    Ouch... whilst your system shows issues in several areas I think you need to provide more details about the 2 MsiInstaller entries in the Application log. (I assume these may have been generated at the time MS Word 2007 was trying to add/download the Calendar Wizard.)
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2015-02-09 at 13:59.

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This is one of the Msi Install screen shots 1-6

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    Unfortunately none of the screenshots you provided relate to the 2 MsiInstaller errors (both with Event ID 11606) at 2/8/2015 6:28:19.

Please confirm whether these 2 MsiInstaller errors were generated at the time MS Word 2007 was trying to add/download the Calendar Wizard.
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2015-02-09 at 17:55.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

daddyhc (2015-02-22)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is the latest on my Word problems. I have not found a cure but do have a work around. All my templates are available, but not in the right place. My Calendars in the menu is still gone but the calendar wizard was found. This was in both Win 7 computers with Office 7 (different versions) Now, I also have all gadgets on my desk top. The laptop has no weather gadget but the notebook now has the clock gadget. Go figure...If you hear of any way to restore my Word menu back to original form, please let me know. Thanks