5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can I remove 9 System Image Restore Point: Backup SR points?

I have an Acer ICONIA Tab W500 laptop Win 7 HP that I like to use for experiments
    Yesterday I wanted to clean out all of the restore points except the most recent one, which I created

Using the disc cleanup method went well except for 9 System Image Restore Point: Backup
    I read that Ccleaner will individually clean out system restore points but it doesnít show any of those so that doesn't help either

Then I disabled SR & then enabled SR but those 9 System Image Restore Point: Backup are still there
    How to Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows 7 and Windows 8
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-disable.html

Is there a way I can remove all 9 of them?

The computer runs fine but it looks to me like theyíll be there forever but I donít need them anymore and Iíve lost track of what they were for anyway. The max setting for SR is set at 2%

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Guy,

Turn off restore point creation for the drive in question, then turn it back on again. This will delete all the points. Alternatively, use Restore Point Creator to select & delete:

http://www.toms-world.org/blog/restore_point_creator

Zig

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zig For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-02-08)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    See OPTION FIVE Use "Manage Windows Backup disk space" to Delete System Image Restore Points
    This option is good to delete the System Image Restore Point "Backup" type restore points like below.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-02-08)

Thanks
    Download/install Nic Bedford's System Restore Explorer. It lets you delete individual restore points (and mount restore points to copy files from instead of having to restore the restore point).
    system_restore_explorer.png
    Click to enlarge

Hope this helps...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-02-08)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Are they Shadow Volumes which refer to any external system images you have created ?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "Are they Shadow Volumes which refer to any external system images you have created ?" I'm not sure since I haven't read how shadow copies work; well, I tried once but it was difficult for me to understand it at the time. But now that I'm into trying to get into backup images I should find a tutorial or manual. Right now I use Win7's image backup utility and Macrium Reflect on my computer and now I want to move onto 3 other Win7's; 2 of them are mine and the 3rd one is at the non-profit organization I volunteer at.
    I've experimented with Win7's I Create a system image which creates a System Image Restore Point: System in SR and a WindowsImageBackup on my external hard drive and I'm fine with that
    I've also experimented with the Back up now choice in Win7 which creates a user name file on my external hard drive; I haven't been able to actually determine what those files consist of yet but I think those are not image backups but they are probably data and settings backups.
    Anyway I plan on continuing to use Win7's Create a system image feature and not plan on using the Back up now choice until I know what it does

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Success: I used BruceR's Backup User and System Files - Delete Backups
    How to Delete Windows 7 User Data and System Image Backup Files
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-backups.html first
    I don't recall which option I used but getting to Delete all system backups for this computer worked