New Lounger
    Thanks

Thunderbird opens some messages in new window rather than in message pane

Thunderbird recently started opening some, but not all, messages in a separate tab rather than just the usual message pane. I have changed the setting to a new window, but I can't figure out why I can't view the messages in the pane below the list of messages and then decide if I want it in a separate tab or window. There doesn't seem to be a pattern except that many of the messages doing this are newsletters or contain graphics. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It seems to have been a Thunderbird "feature" for three years: Thunderbird opens email in new tabs without user request.

Sorry if that's not much help.

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Strange that I hadn't run into it before ... But I'm wondering if my problem was related to either a really dirty mouse pad or a bad mouse because I changed both yesterday and had no problems checking my mail this morning. Of course, there's no telling what will happen when I look again later today.

Thanks
    If the mouse you replaced was getting worn it could have been causing the problem you describe in your OP. Often when the micro switch under the left mouse button is worn it can wrongly send a "double-click" signal to Windows instead of "single-click".
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.