New Lounger
    Thanks

Font size when creating new email document

[img]/w3timages/icons/dragon.gif[/img]I am using Outlook Express with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5. I recently purchased a new computer and had a clean install of Windows 98 and Outlook Express and IE installed. Whenever I attempt to start a new message the font is always very small--I would guess 8 or 9 pt. Yet the font window of the tool bar tells me the font is 12 pt. I know this is not the case as a number of my friends have complained about the small font size. I therefore have to type the entire document, select all, and then increase the font to 12 pt. each time. Now it gets even stranger. When I click on the font size window and choose 12 pt. the font size number disappears and the print remains small. If I select all and then choose 18 pt from the pull down list, the 18 disappears and is replaced by a 12 and the text is now 12 pt. I'm not using an exotic font. It is the standard Times New Roman.

My question is in 2 parts. Is there a way to change the default font and size for all emails? Also why does the font constantly change back to a smaller font if I add a new paragraph after making the size change to the other text?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

joenowak

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Font size when creating new email document

are you sure it's a small font and not just the display? if you have a wheel mouse, i think you can zoom withthe wheel.

New Lounger
    Thanks

[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]Yes, I am sure it is a small font. I know this because people receiving the email complain about the small size of the print when I forget to increase it after completing my message. Thanks for responding.

joenowak

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Joe, I have worked on a couple of friends computers that have the same problem. Have not been able to find a solution. Will go to Microsoft and see if they have any words of wisdom. Just wanted to let you know that you were not the only one with the problem.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, James. This seems to have solved the problem.

joenowak