5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any of you ever hear of Chameleon?

Here's the link that I got from the Iron forum (it's for Chrome but works in SR Iron too): https://github.com/ghostwords/chameleon (instructions on how to install is there too; I checked google's store and it's not there).

Direct download link: https://github.com/ghostwords/chamel...ive/master.zip

It's pretty cool. I know for sure it works on youtube's website since I no longer see the videos that I've, in the past, viewed (and even after I would delete my VM, when I go to youtube again, it would show the videos that I clicked on in the past. I hate super cookies).
    Last edited by lylejk; 2015-02-08 at 23:27.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    chameleon is an mbam add on to ensure it can run in certain cases where the scumware is blocking mbam itself

could there be another chameleon program by someone else
    yes of course

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah; this Chameleon's different. It block supercookies. Click link below to see if you pass or not. Sites like youtube and amazon uses this technique to identify you even if you delete your cookies and history.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lylejk View Post
    Yeah; this Chameleon's different. It block supercookies. Click link below to see if you pass or not. Sites like youtube and amazon uses this technique to identify you even if you delete your cookies and history.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/
    I tried the link in your #3 post. Was returned that my system is "unique" among 5+million users. The "5+million" users thing tells me this service is very new, so might not be entirely effective until some time goes by and they catch up to some extent with the other several billion users of the Internet.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 5,023,270 tested so far.
    My # is higher than last year FWIW.

This 5,023,270 should be considered a sample of those 7*10^9, which means the size of the sample would be > 1::1000. Not to bad statistically, much better than those polls before election day.

BTY its a work in progress:
    Chameleon is pre-alpha, developer-only software.
    I use NoScript, can be annoying but not as annoying as getting slammed

See this for more info:

Last edited by wavy; 2015-02-13 at 11:01.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    I tried the link in your #3 post. Was returned that my system is "unique" among 5+million users. The "5+million" users thing tells me this service is very new, so might not be entirely effective until some time goes by and they catch up to some extent with the other several billion users of the Internet.
    Being unique is actually a bad thing in this case Coochin. It means the site can distinguish you directly. I get I'm identical to 4,588 other people meaning the site can't target me directly (hence, no supercookie can be used to track me).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lylejk For This Useful Post:

rgrosz (2015-02-13)