Banned Member
    Thanks

Which language will dominate future of web development?

Which language is going to dominate the future of web development: JavaScript, PHP, Ruby, Java/Scala, or Python?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    HTML.

cheers, Paul

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe HTML5? But then how long is the future?

https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.Hnem4TGIOEg
    HTML5 is a core technology markup language of the Internet used for structuring and presenting content for the World Wide Web. As of October 2014 [update] this is the final and complete fifth revision of the HTML standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The previous version, HTML 4, was standardised in 1997.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Funnily enough it depends: http://www.sitepoint.com/whats-best-...ge-learn-2015/

Personally I'd go with JavaScript and maybe PHP though using JavaScript on both client and server seems to be what all the cool kids are doing these days ;-)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    If you mean web development, and domination, is not a question tackling the future, I can give you the answer right now: JavaScript dominates web development. In 99% of every single project facing the web you have to use either JS or something that translates to it. While ES6 is promising is still a language not suited to dominate any other sort of programming, and yes, I'm judgmental. Ruby, Go and Scala seem to be on the trending part and most likely will be the most used in that future to supply the deficiencies of JS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dominating is a strong word, but if I'm forced to pick one to answer the question: JavaScript.
    Last edited by kaufen; 2015-10-05 at 08:12.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Rank
    Change Language Share Trend
    1 Java 24.4 % -0.9 %
    2 PHP 11.5 % -1.3 %
    3 Python 10.9 % +1.5 %
    4 C# 9.1 % -0.6 %
    5 C++ 7.8 % -0.1 %
    6 C 7.2 % -0.2 %
    7 Javascript 7.1 % -0.5 %
    8 Objective-C 5.5 % -0.4 %
    9 Matlab 3.0 % +0.4 %
    10 R 2.8 % +0.7 %
    Last edited by kaufen; 2015-10-05 at 08:12.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaufen View Post
    Rank
    Change Language Share Trend
    1 Java 24.4 % -0.9 %
    2 PHP 11.5 % -1.3 %
    3 Python 10.9 % +1.5 %
    4 C# 9.1 % -0.6 %
    5 C++ 7.8 % -0.1 %
    6 C 7.2 % -0.2 %
    7 Javascript 7.1 % -0.5 %
    8 Objective-C 5.5 % -0.4 %
    9 Matlab 3.0 % +0.4 %
    10 R 2.8 % +0.7 %
    Many of these aren't used for web development, which makes them irrelevant in the context of the discussion.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

spammer
    Thanks
    Javascript,Css and HTML are most useful one in future with secure processing.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you like lists, this section is for you, but not in any particular order:

Python - frequently used by scientific and statistics communities and data science; it's a fairly easy language to learn and remember with libraries for just about everything you would need, and a very active development community who can whip up a library if one doesn't exist already. Personally, Python is really easy to me and reads and writes just like pseudocode. I've written as many as 100-200 lines on a whiteboard or a text editor in one sitting and was able to execute the code in the interpreter without any syntax errors.
    Ruby - I am not a regular practitioner, but Ruby is also very powerful in that it is an interpreted language like Python, which means that it doesn't need to be compiled before it's run. A lot of famous websites are built on, and many of my friends who are paid handsomely, use Ruby, due to the popularity of the Rails framework (Ruby on Rails)
    Java - This one is nice because it's a compiled language and the compiler can optimize the heck out of the code, and it runs really fast. There are lots of Java practitioners, and the majority of financial websites (banks, stock trading platforms, etc), will use Java because of its outstanding speed and performance characteristics. Incidentally, Java is also the language used by the Android operating systems, so if you want to learn to write for something like 79-80% of the world's mobile users, this is the way to go.
    Last edited by kaufen; 2015-10-05 at 08:22.