Banned Member
    Thanks

Exclamation WU Win10 11/2/15

There are 4 Updates for Win10 today (11/2/15 including, DU for WD, Visual C++, one for IE Flash & one to Win TP x64

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey ! Num Lock has been fixed ???

But a few other things were modified in KB3038357, this am. Mainly opening apps in "Restore Down" size when I want full screen. Why ?

Edit : Num Lock not fixed !
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2015-02-11 at 10:33.

Thanks
    I have all the windows 10 updates installed and my apps open full screen and Num Lock works fine with my keyboard Jean. Did you try clicking on the full screen icon to the right of the Restore down icon to get to true full screen? When you close the app, it should remember the setting.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, hello and thanks again. I use the Alt + Space then X key strokes to get back to full screen, works for me. ( old DOS command ). On my machine, the top screen area is so dark that the icons there are not seen, I once asked here how to change that colour after getting burnt by "High Contrast", got no advice. Not a biggee !
    You also wrote : When you close the app, it should remember the setting.
    Not so when looking at Control Panel. I like to see "Large Icons" and it always default to "Categories", I select LIs every time to no avail about keeping that setting.
    Let me state at this moment that I think that W-10 is GREAT. Except for these little aggravations that are personal things, maybe. I love it.

Thanks
    Jean, to change the color of your Window borders, type color in the search bar and click on "Change the color of your task bar and....." and select a new color until the top border icons are visible.

I don't know what to say about your Control Panel issue. It remembers my last selection. I tried changing to large Icons, closed the Control Panel and it then opened up to Large Icons. I wouldn't worry about it too much as I believe the Control Panel is going away and will be completely replaced by the Settings App.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Hey ! Num Lock has been fixed ???

But a few other things were modified in KB3038357, this am. Mainly opening apps in "Restore Down" size when I want full screen. Why ?

Edit : Num Lock not fixed !
    1. Num Lock was or is broken? I haven't noticed that nor do I, now.

2. I thought that earlier comment was in regard to window size... will re-open to the size when closed. Square top-right makes Full screen

3. Colours query... go where Jerry said then > Show colour mixer to 3rd slider down, Brightness: which will affect the Taskbar & Border. It's how I, personally, arrived @ sort of Charcoal or Grey.

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morning co-sinner. You typed to my screen thus :

>>> to change the color of your Window borders <<<

This is what I see :

0color.jpg

When I click on the proper line "Taskbar color change", I get a nice blue ( here ) screen and no further action, nada ! The matter is that my desired change is not really on the Taskbar, it is on the top area of the screen where the Minimize and Restore Down icons rest, I presume that they are tied as they are of the same color. But i can not get to change them. Feedback going out.

Best wishes. Jean.

( Edit ) I tried the third one from the top and that one works. No feedback neccessary then.

( Edit-2 ) I danced over to the W-8.1 machine and typed in the same command and lo & behold, it worked there too !
    Yeah !
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2015-02-13 at 08:54.

Banned Member
    Thanks

My own, Start menu, Taskbar & 'borders' (@ the moment), happen to be sort of grey or charcoal.

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-02-13 at 13:54.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Ditto, Drew. It took me a while but finally, got it as desired. You can do anything that you want, the problem is to find where !

Best wishes. Jean.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    True, Jean. Couple thoughts on that & not peculiar to 10... Finding things in God Mode is oft a nice way & also, if, one types in (Search) that which is sought either, by keywords or more actually like a regular phrase, the 'right' things may offer themselves.

Anyway, kewl you sorted it to your liking , once @ the right place.

Cheers,
    Drew
    000I054slL4W.jpg